AVID Pro Tools 101 – Fundamentals I
Duration: 2 Days
Course dates: This course runs Summer 2021.
PLEASE register your interest by clicking on the ‘Book Here For a Course’ button. Registering is free. The fee for this course is outlined above.
Who is this for?
The Pro Tools 101 – Fundamentals I course is designed for both new and experienced Pro Tools users seeking to build a solid foundational understanding of the software.
What prior knowledge /training?
No experience with Avid Pro Tools software is required, however an understanding of basic audio, MIDI and multi-track mixing techniques will be beneficial, as will an understanding of digital audio equipment such as MIDI controllers and audio interfaces.
What does the course cover?
This Pro Tools 101 (Fundamentals I) course introduces essential techniques for building sessions, including multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments. Using provided course materials, you will learn to navigate sessions and arrange media on tracks, using basic processing and mixing techniques to finalise a production. Together with the second course in the series, Pro Tools 110 (Fundamentals II), this course provides the foundation training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
What will I learn?
- Create a Pro Tools session document or cloud-enabled project with appropriate parameter settings.
- Accomplish common audio production tasks.
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools document.
- Incorporate professional recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files in the Pro Tools environment.
- Analyse and interpret session file structures.
- Recognise and navigate the user interface and tool set.
Who are the trainers?
Our Pro Tools courses are delivered by our professional audio team who are all Avid Certified Instructors and work in studios and production environments both within and outside the University of Salford School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology.