AVID Pro Tools 110 – Fundamentals II
Duration: 4 half days and a full day online
Courses run on the following dates (please choose):
July 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, (4 x 4 hours) 16th (1 x 8 hours)
July 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, (4 x 4 hours) 23rd (1 x 8 hours)
To successfully complete the course, you will need to attend all five sessions.
Who is this for?
The Pro Tools Fundamentals II course is designed for musicians, audio engineers and sound editors for film or television. It expands upon the basic principles taught in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I course and introduces the core concepts and techniques needed to competently operate a Pro Tools system running mid-sized sessions. Together with the first course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals I, this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
What prior knowledge /training?
Completion of the following course, or equivalent experience:
What does the course cover?
Participants learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of their recording, editing and mixing efforts. The hands-on exercises provide experience setting up sessions, importing media, working with digital video, spotting sound effects, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, working with virtual instruments, warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using sub-mixes and track groups to simplify a final mix.
What will I learn?
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs.
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings.
- Select appropriate settings in the Playback Engine dialog.
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings.
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialised plugins for specific music.
- Utilise advanced recording techniques to capture multiple record takes in succession.
- Analyse Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options.
- Utilise Elastic Audio techniques MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes.
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks.
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective during a session post-production tasks automation.
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam.
Who are the trainers?
Our Pro Tools courses are delivered by our professional audio team who are all Avid Certified Instructors and work in studios and production environments both within and outside the University of Salford School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology.