AVID Pro Tools 201 – Pro Tools Production I
Duration: 2 Days
Course dates: This course runs Summer 2021
PLEASE register your interest by clicking on the ‘Book Here For a Course’ button. Registering is free. The fee for this course is outlined above.
Who is this for?
The Pro Tools Production (PT201) course is designed for end-users with intermediate Pro Tools skills. It provides the foundational training for the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools |Music and AVID Certified Operator: Pro Tools Post-certification exams. Those wishing to sit either of these exams must have already passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
What prior knowledge /training?
Completion of the following courses, or equivalent experience:
What does the course cover?
The Pro Tools Production I (PT201) course covers the core concepts and skills needed to operate an Avid Pro Tools Ultimate system with HD-series hardware in a professional studio environment. This course builds on the Pro Tools Fundamentals I and Pro Tools Fundamentals II series of courses, providing intermediate and advanced-level Pro Tools concepts and techniques. Participants learn to customise the configuration of Pro Tools HD Native systems to maximise results and improve recording, editing, and mixing workflows. The hands-on exercises provide experience optimising system resources, configuring I/O, navigating and colour-coding sessions, managing session media, using advanced selection and auditioning techniques, working with clip gain, applying advanced automation techniques, creating sub-mixes and applying parallel processing, advanced mixing and finishing techniques for a final mix-down.
What will I learn?
- Configure settings to optimise a Pro Tools | Ultimate system with HD-series hardware.
- Customize I/O settings.
- Work with Window configurations.
- Manage voice allocation and disk allocation options.
- Share tracks for collaboration using a variety of techniques.
- Index volumes for quick searching with a workspace browser.
- Use advanced selection, nudging, and shifting techniques.
- Use advanced auditioning techniques, including pre-and post-roll auditions.
- Use alternate edit tools and advanced editing techniques.
- Use clip alignment techniques, such as snap-to-heads, snap-to-tails, and snap-to-sync point.
- Use basic Commands Keyboard Focus mode shortcuts.
- Work with clip gain.
- Use advanced automation functions, including AutoMatch, Manual Write functions, and Write on Stop functions.
- Setup and use AFL and PFL solo modes.
- Use sub-mixing techniques and bus interrogation techniques.
- Work with VCA Master tracks.
- Understand a variety of common mix-down techniques.
Who are the trainers?
Our Pro Tools courses are delivered by our professional audio team who are all Avid Certified Instructors and work in studios and production environments both within and outside the University of Salford School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology.