AVID Pro Tools 210M- Production II (Music Production)
Duration: 3 Days
Course dates: This course runs from January 2022.
For further information about this course please email: email@example.com
Who is this for?
This course is designed for end-users with intermediate Pro Tools skills with an interest in learning how to use Pro Tools Ultimate systems with HD-series hardware in a professional music environment. This course prepares candidates for the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music certification exam. Candidates wishing to take this certification exam must have firstly passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
What prior knowledge /training?
Completion of the following courses, or equivalent experience:
What does the course cover?
The Pro Tools Production II (Music Production) course covers techniques for working with Pro Tools systems in a professional music production environment. Concepts and skills learnt in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I, Pro Tools Fundamentals II, and Pro Tools Production I courses are reinforced with practical music-specific examples.
What will I learn?
- Set up MIDI devices for use with Pro Tools.
- Match a session’s tempo to an existing audio performance.
- Control plugins with MIDI controllers.
- Utilise advanced MIDI and audio recording options.
- Share tracks for collaboration using a variety of techniques.
- Record multiple takes to playlists.
- Use Playlists view and assemble a composite performance.
- Use Dynamic Transport for working with loops.
- Use Beat Detective for a variety of purposes.
- Use advanced MIDI production techniques, including the Restore Performance function, the Select/Split Notes function, MIDI Editor windows, and the Score Editor window.
- Create drum patterns using MIDI and enhance drum performances with MIDI drums and/or drum samples.
- Work with Bar|Beat Markers and the Graphic Tempo Editor.
- Add and edit Key Change events.
- Use Catalogs for sound libraries.
- Use Cut Time, Insert Time, and clip groups for song arrangement.
- Apply static automation techniques.
- Use Preview and Punch Preview workflows.
- Fine-tune automation using Trim mode.
- Bounce and render stems and create final bounces in a variety of ways.
- Sit the associated certification exam.
Who are the trainers?
Our Pro Tools courses are delivered by our professional audio team who are all Avid Certified Instructors and work in studios and production environments both within and outside the University of Salford School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology.