PR Masterclasses – PR Media Relations with Dianne Bourne
Duration: 90 minutes
Course dates: Tuesday May 25th 2021 Online via Zoom 7pm until 8.30pm
Who is this for?
The Masterclass is recommended for those:
- Interested into stepping into the world of PR as a career
- New businesses wanting an insight into the kind of PR they should be undertaking
- Freelance PRs who want to enhance their skills by gaining expert advice from experts
What does the course cover?
PR Media Relations includes:
- What are media relations
- How to develop relationships with journalists and media outlets
- The do’s and don’ts for PRs
- How to sell in a story and the importance of content creation
What to expect?
Broadcast Presenter and PR Consultant, Michelle Eagleton hosts an hour and half online PR Masterclass with Dianne Bourne, former Showbiz Editor and current Manchester Life writer at the Manchester Evening News, sharing experiences and invaluable advice. The session ends with a 15-minute Q and A ‘hotseat’ where participants can pose questions to the expert.
Dianne Bourne is currently the Manchester Life writer at the Manchester Evening News, prior to this she has spent over 13 years as showbiz editor at the newspaper. Dianne’s career has also seen her take on the role of deputy editor at I LOVE MCR, an independent multimedia company sharing stories of local people, communities, business, lifestyle and culture.
The PR Masterclass Series
The Masterclass sessions focus on a different theme each week and discuss the future of PR, the direction the industry is going and tips from leading experts in their field.
This event is supported by the University of Salford Arts, Media and Creative Technology School which is investing in training for the media and creative technology workforce. The Pipeline is designed to support staff and freelancers to upskill and stay connected.