Professional Online Presenting with Broadcast Journalist Andrew Lindsay
Duration: 60 minutes
Course dates: Monday 4th October online via Zoom from 7pm until 8pm
The background setting on Zoom, Teams and other online meeting platforms is crucial to create a positive and professional impression.
Who is this for?
Professional Online Presenting is recommended for those:
- Who want to create a confidence-inspiring background for online meetings
- Who want to make the best of video call presentations
- Who want to learn basic skills in lighting, framing and audio recording for online meeting
What does the course cover?
- Exploring the best visual options – laptop – phone – investment
- Maximising the quality of your audio
- Framing yourself in the best light
What to expect?
The 60-minute session will be delivered via zoom and will include demonstrating the practical set-up of a professional background to enhance your online presence and boost confidence.
Andrew Lindsay is a broadcast journalist and academic with more than 20 years of industry experience. The vast majority of this has been at the BBC – where he has fronted network and international output – and ITV, where he mastered the video journalism essentials of shooting and editing television, as well as live reporting. He continues to work at the BBC, the University of Salford and as a freelance event host and compere.
The Vision series
The sessions within Vision focus on a different in-demand industry skill with advice and tips from leading experts in their field.
This event is supported by the University of Salford Arts, Media and Creative Technology School which is investing in training for the media and creative technology workforce. It is designed to support staff and freelancers to upskill and stay connected.