Spotlight on: Briefing Session- Supporting disabled professionals across the VFX Pipeline
This 90 min session encourages Visual Effects practitioners with a disability to build on skills within the Matte Painting and Compositing areas of the VFX pipeline.
The session previews two new ScreenSkills funded courses, running in June for people with a disability and /or who are neurodiverse. These two 5 day courses, with placement opportunities will be delivered by The Pipeline and are designed to address current technological advances in Matte Painting and Compositing in demand by employers within the VFX industry across the UK. The session will also give potential participants the opportunity to meet the two trainers as well as disability champions, who will discuss some of the wider issues relating to the barriers to access within the sector.
Who it’s for
People with disabilities and /or who are neurodiverse (both freelances and existing staff)
Post production and Visual Effects facilities looking to diversify their workforce
What it covers
- Outlines the skills shortages across Matte Painting and Compositing within the UK Screen Industries.
- Contextualises the under representation of people with a disability and who are neurodiverse in this sector.
- Overview of Mastering the Artistry of Matte Painting and Mastering the Techniques of Compositing 5 day courses
- Support that The Pipeline will offer through the training and securing of a suitable paid placement
- Post course career opportunities
Date: New date! Wednesday 8th June 2022
Location: Online via Zoom